DEUTSCH | ENGLISH
Registration for the Saarbrücken qepHom
- the mandatory small print -
Before you may register to the qepHom, you must read and accept all of the terms and conditions in this agreement.
S u m m a r y
On this page the following is made clear:
- Due to high demand your registration must be confirmed by the organizer.
- This page explains what you get for your money.
- This page explains how you can cancel your attendance.
- Every visitor comes at own risk.
- Only attending participants do get their con pack and T-shirt.
- Please do not make video recordings.
Read the special notes about the coronavirus
"Allright, I know all of this and I accept all the rest of this page, so I can go
to the registration."
§ 1 Subject matter of the contract
Subject of this contract is the participation in the Klingon™ language classes in Saarbrücken, in the following called "qepHom". The qepHom is an informal meeting of linguists and Star Trek™-Fans,
who enjoy learning and speaking Klingon™, which is a constructed language developed for the Star Trek™-movies.
§ 2 Establishment of the contract
By registering to the qepHom, the attendee consents to the following terms.
This states a contract between
Lieven L. Litaer
- in the following called "organizer" -
and the participant of the qepHom
- in the following called "attendee" -
according to the following terms and conditions.
§ 3 Obligations of the organizer
1. Place of the event
The qepHom takes place at the Europa-Jugendherberge Saarbrücken, Meerwiesertalweg 31, 66123 Saarbrücken, Germany, in the following named "hotel".
2. Youth hostel
Every attendee accepts the rules of the hotel. The organizer is only functioning as a contact agent between the attendee and the hotel. The attendee accepts that his first and last name are transmitted
to the youth hostel for room registration.
There are single, twin and quadruple rooms. The attendee can choose which kind of room he likes. The organizer decides the distribution, while wishes can be accepted, as long as this is possible and available.
Due to organisation reasons, it may be possible that an attendee is assigned a different room type than ordered. This will not cause any additional costs. If the attendee gets a cheaper room, then the price diference is refunded.
4. Conference room
A conference room will be provided during the event.
a) If the qepHom is cancelled by the hotel, the attendee's fee shall be refunded completely, or a new date will be suggested.
§ 4 Obligations of the attendee
b) If the organizer cancels the qepHom for whatever reason before registration deadline, all of the paid money will be refund.
c) If the qepHom needs te be cancelled due to the corona virus after registration deadline, the rules described on the page "Coronavirus" apply.
1. The attendee takes care of his voyage himself. A transport-service from and to the railway station can be established on request, but this depends on the availability of the available drivers.
2. The attendee accepts the behavior rules of the hotel. In the case of violation he will suffer the consequences. The organizer has no influence on that. The organizer cannot be responsible for the attendee's behavior.
3. The attendee brings his working material (i.e. necessary books, paper, pens etc.) himself.
4. It is free to the attendee if he participates in the lessons of the qepHom. Disturbing and/or noisy actions are not permitted. Actions not related to the qepHom are permitted, as long as they do not disturb the run of the event.
Disturbing actions should be done outside of the conference room.
5. Recommendation of age:
a) One should primarily know that the qepHom is an event for adults.
§ 5 Registration and Fees
b) Minors are accepted when accompanied with their parents (see §8 Abs. 1). Regarding the age of the attendee, one should be aware that the qepHom is a series of serious lectures which require
some scholarly attention. The parents should know if their child can afford this. Experience show that the minimum age should be above 8 years.
c) It is not recommended to bring a baby or a toddler. Neither parent nor child would enjoy the event, and it could be disturbing for the classes.
1. With this registration, the attendee can show that they are interested to participate in the qepHom. Since the qepHom is a private, non-public event, the organisor has the right to acccept or reject any registration.
1.1. Due to the high demand, the amount of accepted attendees is limited. In the middle of the year and shortly before registration deadline, the attendees are randomly drawn.
Each drawn attendee will be informed about their confirmed registration. Do not pay your fee before this confirmation.
1.2. Do not
visit the qepHom if you do not get your confirmation. Any visitor who shows up without being confirmed can be rejected from the room.
(Just showing up and being there is not a problem of space; It's just not fair opposed to those who were rejected in the first place.)
2. The deadline for the registration is June 30th 2022, until the end of the day. The attendance fee needs to be paid before that date. Later payments can only be accepted in special cases.
The registration is only confirmed after payment of the fee; the registration will be cancelled if not paid on time.
3.1. Participants must sleep at the hotel, which is also recommended for local attendees because it certainly increases the learning effect.
a) The attendance fee for the hotel is composed of the costs for the stay at the hotel, including food and shelter, including coffee, tea, and water; other drinks like pops, beer or other food must be paid by the attendee himself.
b) The attendance fee for the qepHom cover the costs for the working materials and organisation elements.
3.3. There are two packages. The price is identical for both:
for the entire qepHom. Includes all costs to cover the costs for teaching material, like photocopies and others.
for the entire qepHom, without accommodation and food. The attendee has to take care about the latter himself, but is not allowed to bring his own food into the hotel. It is possible to eat together with the group at the restaurant.
For organization reasons, this needs to be mentioned at least two weeks before the qepHom. Food can be ordered within the registration process. The fee includes all conference materials as mentioned above.
4. — (has been dropped)
5. Cancellation by the attendee
Each attendee can withdraw from his registration at any time with no reason. The following explains what is refunded in case of a cancellation by the attendee. In this paragraph,
"fee" refers to the sum of what is displayed at the end of a registration, i.e. including food and shelter, qepHom-fee, T-shirt, donations.
a) A "withdrawal" from registration can be done per mail, e-mail, sms, or phone. The attendee has the possibility to cancel their registration themself before the end of the registration deadline with a button
in the registration form.
§ 6 Finances
b) In case of non-attendance, the attendee has no right on getting the working materials ("con pack"), nor the qepHom T-shirt. These are only given to continuously attending participants.
These are not sent by mail, nor can be taken with any other participant.
c) If the attendee cancels their registration before the registration deadline (including that day), the registration fee will be refunded completely.
d) If the attendee cancels their registration before october 15th 2022, half of the paid fee will be refunded, unless the attendee wishes to spend this money for the sake of the qepHom.
e) When canceling the registration or not showing up at all during the following period, the paid fee will not be refunded.
f) Therefrom resulting left over money shall be invested for the sake of the qepHom. The organizer decides about the kind of investment.
g) It is not possible to name a replacement.
1. The organizer does not intend to make money with the qepHom. Nevertheless, they have the right to benefit from any leftover money and may decide how to re-invest it into the qepHom. All collected fees and also remaining money
shall be invested for the sake of the qepHom. The organizer decides about the kind of investing. An overview of the costs can be revealed on request.
2. Donations and left over money after the qepHom shall be used for this qepHom or saved for the next qepHom.
§ 7 Data privacy
All entered date is handled very carefully and only for the sake of the qepHom. For details see privacy note
§ 8 Liability
1. The organizer is not responsible for the attendees. The attendee is liable for any accidents or damages caused by himself.
2. Minor children can only attend the qepHom if accompanied by a legal guardian. The guardian is completely responsible for the behavior of the child. An adult sister or friend does not count as legal guardian.
§ 9 Recording of photos and videos
During the event, there will be lots of images and videos being made, including images from non-attendees like television or newspaper reporters (called "images" from here on). If the attendee does not agree with the usage of
these images, they should inform the photographer about this immediately or remain out of range of any images. All photographers, including attendees, are asked to respect these wishes and respect the usual rights of privacy:
1. private use: every attendee
a) has the right to make images.
b) accepts the use of images being published in social networks like Flickr, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook etc.
c) has the right to deny the right of usage of any images showing them.
d) should accept the rights of others and remove any images if someone wishes so, or to blur a person on an image.
e) is not allowed to make videos longer than one or two minutes of the lectures or the exercices.
2. commercial use:
a) The use of an image in print media (newspapers) and television (e.g. the news) is only allowed with permission of the attendee and the organizer.
b) a commercial use of images is prohibited and requires written permission.
c) the use on TV-shows (like Explosiv, RTL, VOX, TV total etc.) must be permitted by the organizer and the recorded attendee.
Each photographer shall respect the rules of the new European GDPR. The organiser is not responsible for any photographer's behavior.
§ 10 Disclaimer
Star Trek and Klingon™ are registered trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. The organizer is not involved in this corporation in any way. The qepHom is supported by the Klingon Language Institute, which is
authorized user of the previously named trademarks.
§ 11 General
If any provision of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. In that case, the invalid provision shall be replaced by a valid one.
This agreement may be amended at any time by posting the amended terms on this site. Additionally, the attendee will be notified through the email address he provides in his registration.
as per October 2021
If you agree with these conditions, you can ➞ register in English or in Klingon now.
return to qepHom'a' 2022 information page
[back to top]